Wed., 6/19/19 is the last day of school, half day dismissal.
Students received report cards and summer Math/ELA packets today, 6/18/19. If your child did not get his/her report card please contact the main office.
6th GRADE END OF THE YEAR PARTY:
Students may bring:
- Cards or board games.
- Juice boxes or Capri Sun ( If you’re bringing bottled drinks you will need to bring cups.)
- Munchkins or donuts (No cake please because we will need a knife and forks and plates)
- Chips/ snacks
Dear 6th Grade and Parents,
Thank you for your generosity and support throughout the year. Have a wonderful safe and happy Summer vacation!!!
On Tuesday, June 18, 2019, we will have our final Honors Assembly for this school year. It is a DRESS UP event, which means NO JEANS, SNEAKERS, etc. You must DRESS UP or wear your regular SCHOOL UNIFORM (no gym uniform).
Religion Power Point presentations are due on Friday, June 14.
Ancient China Final Test on Thursday
MATH FINAL, Mon., 6/10/19
GRADE 6-2 ELA FINAL, Tues., 6/11/19
ALL OVERDUE RELIGION AND MATH PROJECTS ARE DUE MONDAY, JUNE 10th, THIS INCLUDES OLD, LATE PROJECTS AND TEST CORRECTIONS!!!
Research the religion for your group and answer the questions below in a power point presentation with a minimum of 8 slides.
- What is the basis of the religion?
- How do they worship?
- What are the beliefs of the faith?
- Is there a book for the faith? What is it Called?
- Where do the believers worship?
- Who are the religious leaders? What are they called?
- Can women be religious leaders?
- Is there a particular form of dress for this religion? ( What are the clothes called? Show the clothes for the religious leaders and the worshipers)
- Is there a religious symbol associated with this religion? (What is it called? Show an image on you power point presentation.)
- Why did you choose this religion?
- What did you learn about this religion?
You may add appropriate religious music and images in your power point presentation
Ancient China Dynasty Graphic Organizer due tomorrow
Essay draft due Monday
Finish thin workbook pages 35 and 36 and 53 and 54.
ELA Final is on Tuesday, June 11.
ELA Final Review:
- central idea page 66
- theme page 74
- author’s style page 75
- context clues page 68
- compare and contrast page 76
- author’s purpose page 113
- figurative language page 75
- commas, parentheses and dashes page 115
- spelling and capitalization page 125
Complete and hand in any missing poems, essays or test corrections.