Scholastic Book code: PM3M3
Readworks sign-on information: www.readworks.org/student. Class code: 43CW72. Click on your name. The password is 1234 do not change it.
Mathlectics sign-on information: User name and password is stapled in your child’s folder. Do not change the password.
Math Vocabulary List: First Grade Math Vocabulary Words
Reading Log: Reading log
This Weeks Math Packet : Doc 12-03-2019 13-48-54 (1)
Book Report: Doc 12-06-2019 13-51-06
Christmas Songs: Copy and paste the link in youtube
Christmas Clap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmfJA_6zqs8
Little Drummer Boy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCGBZr2wf3c
Lunch: 11:15 am
Recess: 11:45 am
Monday: Spanish, 8:15 am
Friday: Gym 1:00 pm
Week of December 2, 2019
1.Report Card Conference:
I will be having Report card conferences for my First Grade class on December 5, 2019, between 12: 30 pm – 3:30 pm. I am not able to be here in the evening.
I will not have your child’s report card and can not meet with you if you have not fulfilled all of your financial obligations. Please contact the office if you are unsure.
You must email me to make an appointment for December 5th between 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm. If I do not receive an email from you by the day before I will assume you are not coming.
These are 5-minute conferences. If you wish to discuss anything further you must schedule an appointment for another time.
If you cannot come on December 5th I can meet with you the following week. You must email me and let me know what morning works best for you.
2. Please bring a Christmas ornament to place on the Christmas tree at the tree lighting Wednesday.
3. Christmas Concert:
- Please practice the two songs that we are singing for the Christmas concert. They are Little Drummer Boy and the Christmas Clap. The links for the songs on YouTube are posted above.
- Children should wear black, white and gold for the concert. Dress clothes only, no jeans, T-shirts, sweatshirts, sneakers. You should wear your Sunday best!
4. Math quiz Thursday, basic math facts.
5. Vocabulary quiz Friday.
6. Uniform reminders: Gym uniforms are only to be worn on Friday for Gym unless otherwise specified. Children should wear uniform sweaters only in school. Children may wear sneakers, however, they must be plain black uppers and black soles. Sneakers cannot have any writing on them or any other color bottom but black. Please consult the handbook for clarification. Several children in the class have allergies, please do not wear perfume or cologne to school.
7. The last day to return the permission slip for Laser Bounce is Friday, December 6th.
December 6, 2019
Math packet due Tuesday, December 10th.
Math: Review math vocabulary above. Review the math quiz that went home today.
Math quiz went home, please review and sign.
Vocabulary quiz went home today, please sign and review.
Reading log due Tuesday, December 10th. This assignment will now be graded in the new Trimester.
Read All About it Book report: due Friday, December 13th. A copy went home today and one can also be found above.
This book report should be on a book you read this past week that is on your reading log. The report must be ” neat and complete”:
- Neat handwriting
- Complete sentences
- A neat picture of the main character.
Please practice the songs for the Christmas concert.
Today was the last day to return the permission slip for Laser Bounce. If you want your child to attend please email me. Print out the enclosed permission slip and send it with payment no later than Monday. We have all of the chaperones that we are permitted to attend.
Homework December 4, 2019
Go Math page:
Pages 221 and 222
Review your math vocabulary for your math quiz tomorrow.
Spelling words for Unit 4: after, better, never, summer, winter, acted, planted, printed, rested, and twisted.
Write each word 3 times in your red dot notebook.
Review your memory words. See below.
Review the words to The Little Drummer Boy and The Christmas Clap. Links for both songs are posted above.
Homework December 3, 2019
Print out this week’s math packet due Tuesday, December 10th.
Page 32 in your BackPack pages.
Use each vocabulary word in a sentence, in your vocabulary ( Star ) notebook.
Memory words for this unit: look, your, the, was, are, for. Write them 3 times each in your red dot notebook.
Read ” Lily’s Desert Project”, you may use this on your reading logs. Reading logs come to school once a week on Mondays.
Homework December 2, 2109
Go math page 220
This weeks vocabulary words:
healthy: to be well and not sick.
usually: happens most of the time.
compare: what you think or feel about something.
count back: to count backward from a given number.
Write your vocabulary words and the definitions 2 times each in your vocabulary notebook. Use each one in a sentence.
Please print out a new reading log for the month of December. See the link above.
School Rules writing. Read the safety rule on your worksheet. Write a story about a boy who didn’t follow the rule. Use as many words from the word box as you can. Try to use some of your vocabulary words in your story. Write at least three sentences; what happened first, next and last. Check your story for complete sentences, capitalization, and punctuation.
I would like to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy this special time with family.
Week of November 25, 2019
- I will be having Report card conferences for my First Grade class next week, December 5, 2019, between 12: 30 pm – 3:30 pm. I am not be able to be here in the evening.
- I will not have your child’s report card and can not meet with you if you have not fulfilled all of your financial obligations. Please contact the office if you are unsure.
- You must email me to make an appointment for December 5th between 12:30 pm – 3:50 pm. If I do not receive an email from you by the day before I will assume you are not coming.
- These are 5-minute conferences. If you wish to discuss anything further you must schedule an appointment for another time.
- If you cannot come on December 5th I can meet with you the following week. You must email me and let me know what morning between 7:15 am and 7:40 am works best for you.
- Tomorrow is a half of a day of school. Dismissal is at 11:45 am. There will be no school on Thursday or Friday. School resumes on Monday, December 2, 2019. Report card conferences are on December 5th, see above. You must make an appointment.
- Check Readworks for missing assignments. Missing homework will lower grades.
- The Thanksgiving Luncheon is on Tuesday, November 26th. We are still in need of donations.
- Beginning in December the children will be receiving five vocabulary words per week. Children will be writing the words with the definitions in class and homework. They will also be using the words in a sentence. Every Friday we will have a vocabulary/spelling test.
- Also, beginning in December you will bring your reading log to school once a week along with your math packet. Reading logs that are not turned in or incomplete will result in missing or late grades.
- Children will report on a book that they read weekly to the class during meeting time. They will tell what the book was mostly about; what happened first, next and last as well as the setting, and characters.
- Book reports: children will be writing a book report twice a month on a book that they read. More to follow.
- We must always have a book in our folder/backpack for independent reading time.
Tuesday, November 26, 2019
Review your math vocabulary, see list above.
Work on your Read Works assignments.
Complete your reading log.
Practice your Christmas songs above.
Monday November 25, 2019
Go Math Page 215 – 216
There will not be a math packet this week.
Back Pack Pages:
Read “The Best Sandbox Ever” page 30
Science and Social Studies:
All Roadworks assignments must be up to date. Sign in and check past due assignments.
- Week of November 18, 2019
- Our trip to the MET is on Thursday, November 21, 2019. Children are to bring their snacks and lunch to school as always. We will eat our snack before we leave and lunch when we return to school. Children should wear their gym uniforms and sneakers. Chaperones are asked to come to school at 8:15 am for a meeting and trip overview. We expect to leave school at 9:30 am.
- Please practice our songs for the Christmas show. See the links above for The Little Drummer Boy and The Christmas Clap.
- Print out this week’s math packet above.
- Starting tomorrow you should always have a book in your folder for independent reading time.
- The Thanksgiving Luncheon is Tuesday, November 26th. If you are able to donate a dish, dessert, drinks or $5.00 we are still in need of donations. Thank you for all of your support.
- Chapter 3 Math test November 22nd
- Chapter 3 Reading test November 22nd
November 22, 2019
All Readwroks assignments must be up to date by Monday. Sign in and check past due assignments as well as anything due today.
The Thanksgiving Luncheon is on Tuesday, November 26th. We are still in need of donations.
Wednesday, November 27th is a half a day of school dismissal is at twelve noon. We are off Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday.
November 21, 2109
- In your red dot notebook or on a separate piece of lined paper write three things that you are grateful for. Write three complete sentences. Pay attention to capitalization, spelling and ending marks.
- Children went home with complimentary tickets to The Met today. They are good for five people to enter for free, valid until June 30, 2020.
- Complete your Readworks assignments that are due tomorrow. Go back and look at the ” Past Assignments” tab and make sure that you have completed all of your assignments. You will be missing grades for all missed Readworks assignments. This could lower your grade in some subjects.
- Since we had a full day today and the children are tired I am rescheduling the math and ELA tests. Dates to follow.
- We will have our weekly math quiz tomorrow.
- If you wore your name tags home please return it to school so that we may use it on our next trip.
November 20, 2019
Happy Hettie worksheet
Practice Pages: page 51
Read “Fiddlesticks” in your reader. You may use it on your reading log.
There are several Readworks assignments due on Friday. Please work on these and any past due ones you may have. These assignments are graded and this could lower your overall grades if you do not complete them.
November 19, 2019
Make a ten worksheet
Work on your Mathletics assignments.
BackPack Pages: page 29.
Write your spelling words on page 23 of your BackPack Pages 3 times each in your red dot notebook use each one in a sentence.
Complete your Read Works assignments.
November 18, 2019
Go Math pages 177 and 178
Print out this week’s math packet.
BackPack pages 26 and 28
Bring your independent reading book to school. You should always have a book in your folder.
Week of November 12, 2019
Updates and Reminders:
- If you have not already done so please send in headphones for your child to leave and use in school. We use these to work on Mathletics in class.
- Please send in a T-shirt to use in school for art projects. Place the T-shirt in a zip lock bag with your child’s name on the bag and the shirt. Also, if you have not sent in a set of colored pencils for your child to use in class please send them in if you can. Please write your child’s name of the box and place them in a zip lock bag.
- There are several Readworks assignments due over the next few weeks. Please sign in and start working on them, the following are the stories due next week.
- The Forest at Night” Due 11/15
- ” Claude Monet”: due 11/22
- ” The Story of the First Thanksgiving”: due 11/22
- ” Who were the Pilgrims”: due 11/22.
Some of you also have “past due assignments, sign in to Readworks and click on the Past Due Assignments tab at the top of the page. Please complete them this weekend.
- Tomorrow is the last day to return the permission slip for our trip to on December 11th to Queens College.
- Review today’s math quiz at home. Make corrections.
- Chapter 3 math test Wednesday, November 22th.
- Math: we will be continuing Chapter Three; Addition Strategies. Weekly Math Quiz Thursday, November 14th.
- ELA: we will be completing Chapter Three. Spelling test Friday, November 15th: bang, hang, sang, king, sing, thing, long, song, hung, sung.
- Chapter test Friday, November 22nd.
- Science test Thursday, November 14th. Use the attached review sheet.
- Objects and Pattern in the Sky
- Social Studies: Please make sure your Readworks assignments are up to date.
- Trip to The Metropolitan Museum of Art is next week, Thursday, November 21st. If you volunteered to chaperone we would like to have a quick meeting at 8:00 am. Children should wear their gym uniforms and sneakers.
- Queens CollegeTrip; “Have You Filled Your Bucket Today”, December 11th, The last day to return permission slips for this trip is Friday, November 15th.
Enrichment: We will be beginning a unit on Impressionist art. Students will explore and discuss Impressionism, Monet’s painting style and how to use warm and cool colors. We will also be completing an art project using Monet’s Waterlilies as our inspiration. Sometime in the New Year, we will be planning a trip to see Monet’s and other artists works of art at the Museum of Modern Art in NYC.
Friday, November 15, 2019
Work on your Mathletics.
Work on your Readworks assignments
November 14, 2019
Math writing worksheet; write complete sentences. Use upper case letters and ending marks. Spelling counts.
ABC order writing worksheet.
Spelling test tomorrow. See the words above.
Read pages 50, 51 and 52. Answer question 1, 2 and 3 on page 53 in your green dot notebook.
November 13, 2019
Go Math page 165, 166.
BackPack Pages; page 26, read “Oswald Pretends”. Page 27
Study for your test tomorrow. use the review sheet above.
Read page 48 – 49 in your Social Studies book. Answer the ” Try it! ” on page 49. Draw pictures of two homes. Write at least two sentences telling how each is alike and different. Use complete sentences, pay attention to capitalization and ending marks. Use your green dot notebook.
November 12, 2019
Go Math page 159 – 160.
Back Pack Pages: page 24-25
Write your memory words 3 times each in your red dot notebook: do, have, show, how, me, a. Use each one in a sentence.
Study for your Spelling test Thursday November 14th, see words above.
Week of November 4, 2019
Updates and Reminders:
- Next weeks math packet is attached. Please print it out and start working on it. math packet week of Nov 12
- Above you will find a copy of our Reading Log in case you need another one.
- No school on Friday, November 8th, Teachers will be attending Professional Development.
- No school Monday, November 11th in observance of Veterans Day.
- We in the process of picking songs for the Christmas show. Please have the children practice at home the following: ” The Christmas Clap” by GMI VBS Body Worship Team.
- And the words to the Poem ” Twas the Night Before Christmas”.
- On December 11, 2019, we will be attending a performance of ” Have You Filled Your Bucket Today” at Queens College. A permission slip went home on Friday. The last day to return it is November 12th.
- We will be working on art projects and every child will need a package of colored pencils. Please send a 12 pack or less of Crayola Colored pencils. Please write your child’s name on the box and place in a zip lock bag.
- Readworks: There are a few assignments due over the course of the next month. They will be posted as the due date approaches. You may work ahead if you wish to. These assignments are part of your grade, please make sure you do them on time.
- Religion Test Thursday, November 7th. See review sheet below
- Science test Thursday, November 14, 2019 review sheet to follow.
- Virtus training here at OLCA on Saturday, November 16, 2019, 9:00 – 12:00
November 7, 2019
Finish your Read Works assignments.
Finish your Mathletics assignments.
Read “Super Scrub-amatic” in your reader.
Science test is on November 14th. Review page 114-127 in your science book. Review sheet to follow.
November 6, 2019
Weekly math quiz tomorrow. Please review math vocabulary as well; add, subtract, sum, difference, addends, double.
Go Math page 153 and 154
Mathletics assignments have been loaded.
Read: “Golly went Sniffing” page 22
Test tomorrow. Use the review sheet below to study.
Work on your Readworks assignment.
November 5, 2019
Go math page 147 and 148.
A placemat chart ” Blends and Digraphs” went home today for you to keep at home and review.
ch, sh, th, wh worksheet
Readworks Assignment: these assignments are part of your grade please make sure you do them on time.
” Part of a Day” due 11/12
” Day and Night” due 11/12
Some of you may have more than one assignment, Please check. ;
Day and night worksheet
“We Give Glory to God” writing. In your folder.
November 4, 2019
Hands-on Math; review p49 complete p50.
Math packet due November 12th.
Work on Mathletics assignments.
Math facts quiz on Thursday. You should be drilling you basic math facts every night. Use the drill sheets that are going home to review.
Chapter 2 test tomorrow. Review your memory and pattern words.
New reading log went home today.
Test Thursday November 7th. use review sheet below to study.
Week of October 28, 2019
Updates / Highlights:
- On December 11, 2019 we will be attending a performance of ” Have You Filled Your Bucket Today” at Queens College. A permission slip went home today.
- We will be working on art projects and every child will need a package of colored pencils. Please send 12 pack or less of Crayola Colored pencils. Please writ your child’s name on the box.
- If you have art supplies that you are not using we could put them to good use in our classroom. Ex: card stock paper, oil pastels, chalk pastels, small paint brushes, paint, glitter, aluminum ( new) cookies sheets or cup cake tins, material, buttons or other findings. Please make sure that everything is new or near new condition.
- Keep track of your weekend reading on a separate piece of paper with your name on it.
Religion test on November 7th. Use the attached review sheet. Religion-Review-Sheet-Unit-1 (1)
We are going to mass tomorrow for All Saints Day. Free dress up, no sneakers ( plain black sneakers with black soles are ok ) jeans, T-shirts. Refer to the family handbook for ” dress up” guidelines.
Lunch forms with payment due Friday, November 1st. This will be the last day to order
Virtus Training: There will be a Virtus training here at OLCA on Saturday, November 16th from 9:00 am-Noon. This is a great opportunity to get Virtus trained, which means you can come on field trips and help out at school functions. You can not be in the school building/classroom unless you are Virtus trained.
Halloween Party: Please make sure you are following the guidelines for costumes. Your face can be covered / no masks. No long dresses or capes that would be unsafe going up and downstairs, or in case of an emergency / think safety. Sneakers are best, again think safety no ballerina flats or shoes that could fall off. No adult / skimpy costumes.
Friday is free to dress up. No jeans, sneakers, T-shirts. We are going to church and we should be dressed appropriately. You may wear sneakers since we will be having gym on Friday.
Please bring a bag to school on Thursday for the Halloween party. You will be taking home many goodies. The weather forecast calls for rain on Thursday and we want everything to stay dry.
Lunch forms with payment must be made no later than Friday, November 1st.
Please remember to bring 2 sharpened pencils to schools every day.
ELA: Chapter 2 test Tuesday, November 5th. Review your memory words and spelling words: where, what, why, when, which and who. Pattern words: -wh; whack, whom, whiff, whisk, whomp. -th; thank, that, thin, think, this. -ath: bath, math, path. -oth; cloth, moth.
We began Chapter 3 in Go Math today; Addition Strategies.
Chapter Essential Question: How do you solve addition problems? Using different strategies to solve addition word problems is our objective for this unit.
Please review the chapter vocabulary on page 130. I have attached a list of key Math vocabulary words for First Graders to know. We have been reviewing these words in class. I will update the list as we move along. These words are also in the beginning of each chapter in your book.
The last day to return the permission slip for the Halloween Party is tomorrow. If your child will not be attending the party/school that day can you kindly send me an email and let me know.
Lunch forms went home. They are due back with payment no later than Friday, November 1st.
October 31, 2019
Review your math vocabulary words.
Math writing due tomorrow.
Review your memory and pattern words for your ELA test on Tuesday.
Halloween Poem. Read and color.
Religion test Friday, November 7th. Use the attached review sheet to study.
October 30, 2109
Go Math page 141 and 142
Math writing worksheet due Friday, November 1st.
Work on your Mathletics.
BackPack Pages: page 22
” I ” worksheets
October 29, 2019
Fact Strategy worksheet
Review Math Vocabulary Sheet, see above attachment.
Read the story Yaks – in your folder
Resource Page 3: answer the questions about ” An Odd Pet for Oswald” and Yaks.
Be sure to write complete sentences:
- Every sentence should begin with an upper case letter
- Make sure to use ending marks; . ? !
- Every sentence should have a noun and a verb. Remember a noun is a person place or thing, like Yaks, Oswald, Hot Rod, frog, mountains, rocks. A verb is an action word like walking, sitting, running, and eating.
” Favorite Weather Worksheet”
October 28, 2109
Go Math page 135 and 136.
Math packets went home today, due November 4th.
Back Pack Pages: page 20 and 21.
Week of October 25, 2019
Updates / Highlights :
- Many of you have not turned in your Math Packett for last week; Week 16. Please return it tomorrow to avoid a missing grade. The packets which were turned in were returned home today.
- Parents should be checking Option C regularly.
- Please return the tear-off slips from the newsletter with your name and email address clearly printed on it.
- Reading logs are to be returned to school every day, children should be reading for a minimum of fifteen minutes every day including weekends. Please use the reverse side of the log for the remainder of the month.
- Please return permission slips for the Halloween Party if you have not already done so.
- Each child needs a set of earphones to use with their tablets in school. These should not be expensive earphones, you can purchase them in the dollar store for .99. Please put the earphones in a zip lock bag with your child’s name on the bag and earphones.
- Practice subtraction quiz is on Tuesday October 22nd.
- Chapter 2 Math test is on Thursday, October 24th.
- Spelling test on Friday, October 29th.
- Memory words for this Superkids Unit: where, what, why, when which, who.
- A copy of our class newsletter went home today and it is available digitally below. Going forward it will only be available digitally at the beginning of the month. newsletter 10 21
Friday, October 25, 2019
- Social Studies test on Tuesday, October 29th. The test will review symbols, rules, and calendar. Review sheet to follow. Social Book went home today review pages: 6 – 9, 14 – 16, 22 – 25, 38 – 40, 70. Untitled document (2)
- Mathletics due Monday
- Readworks was due today.
- Please make sure you are caught up on all assignments, it is better to turn in homework late than not at all. Missing homework will lower your grade.
- Please send in your Halloween permission slips if you have not already done so.
Thursday, October 24, 2019
Number word worksheet
Work on Mathletics assignments.
Begins with sh, ends with sh worksheet
Reflect and Pray worksheet
Calendar worksheet. Please review the calendar at home every day.
Readworks: ” A Day at the Pumpkin Farm” due tomorrow.
Wednesday, October 23, 2109
Go Math Practice test: pages 123, 124, 125 and 126
Math test tomorrow.
BackPack Pages: page 20
Read ” An Odd Pet For Oswald” in your reader. You may use this on your reading log.
Tuesday, October 22, 2019
Use your subtraction quiz to study for your Chapter 2 test.
BackPack pages: pages 18 and 19.
Monday, October 21, 2019
Go Math pages:102, 103, 104
Subtraction Practice quiz tomorrow.
Sign on to Mathletics there are assignments due on October 25th. Sign on instructions is in your folder. Do not remove them, do not change the password.
Back Pack Pages: page 16 and 17
Read: “An Odd Pet for Oswald”.
Read works: “A Day at the Pumpkin Farm.
Some students have more than one story to complete.
Week of October 15, 2019
Spelling test Thursday; see words below.
Science quiz on Friday. Study sheet to follow. science review sheet
Friday, October 18, 2019
There are new stories loaded on Readworks. Due October 25th.
Mathletics: There are new assignments loaded, due October 25th. We have been working on these in school. Feel free to move around Mathletics and repeat any lessons as review or move ahead.
Thursday, October 17, 2019
Study for your Science test tomorrow. Use the review sheet above and read the pages in your science book.
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Complete page 1 in your math packet
Superkids Practice pages: page 33 and 35
Week of October 7, 2019
Spelling test Thursday, October 17th: wish, rush, brush, fish, I, he, she, her, his, my.
Readworks Assignment due October 8th; “What is a Law”.
Spelling Test Tuesday 10/8; chip, lunch, inch, chop, bunch, ranch, branch, stretch, pinch.
Social Studies test on Maps, Wed 10/9
Math Quiz Wed 10/9; skip counting by 2’s, 5’s and 10’s. Number words.
Unit 1 Super Kids test Thursday 10/10
Science Quiz Tuesday 10/15
Friday October 11th is a half a day of school.
Permission slips for our trip on November 21st to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City went home today. Please send them back with $10.00 cash. We need chaperones that are Virtus trained for the trip. If your child takes any kind of medication you must chaperone. We are limited to three chaperones and we already have two.
Reading logs must be completed daily, including weekends. If there is a reading assignment from the reader you may use that on the reading log. I suggest getting a library card and taking out a few books at a time.
October 10, 2019
BackPack Pages: page 13
Spelling test Wed October 17th: wish, rush, brush, fish, I, he, she, her, his, my.
October 9, 2019
Read ” Ben’s Shop”. You may use this reading on your reading log.
Review pages 35 – 40 in your Religion Book.
October 8, 2019
Practice skip counting by 2’s, 5’s and 10’s for your math quiz tomorrow.
Back Pack pages; page 13
Complete the “Four Directions ” worksheet. Glue it in your green dot notebook.
Use your green dot notebook and the study sheet below to study for your map test.
Review pages H21 – H26 in your Social Studies Book.
Skip counting worksheet
Math packet, due 10/15
Go Math page 85 and 86
Back Pack pages page 11 and 12
Friday October 4, 2019
Reading Log must be completed Saturdays and Sundays.
Spelling test Tuesday; chip, lunch, inch, chop, bunch, ranch, brunch, stretch, and pinch
Math Quiz Wednesday: Counting by 2’s, 5’s and 10’s. Number words one – ten.
Map Quiz Wednesday. Maps and Globes.
Unit 1 ELA test Thursday.
Half Day of School Friday October 11th.
Week of September 30, 2019
Reading logs for the month of October went home this week (these are the logs we spoke about on Back to School night). The following are the expectations:
- You must read for a minimum of fifteen minutes per day.
- Every Friday you must be prepared to tell about your favorite book and say why it was your favorite book.
- Every other week you will write a book report on one book that you read. I will send home the book report worksheet. The first one will be due October 11th.
- Return the logs to school signed by a parent or guardian every day.
- If your child takes home their token boards / incentive chart to show you please make sure you put it back in their folder. Do not keep them at home, they can not earn tokens if they don’t have their token boards.
- Do not keep books at home! Please check your child’s book bag every night to ensure that they have all of their books. They cannot do their classwork without books.
- By now all books should be covered. Soft covered books ( Go Math, All Superkids, Religion, Science) should be covered in clear contact paper and hard cover / text books ( Reader, Social Studies ) should have book socks on them.
- Math test on Chapter 1 Wednesday October 2nd.
- We started Chapter 2 in Go Math today. Chapter 2; Subtraction Concepts.
- We completed our Review Unit in SuperKids and began Chapter 1 last week.
- Readworks assignment ” Clouds and Rain” is due tomorrow.
- Readworks assignment: “What is a Law” due October 7th.
- Homework that is not turned in will result in a missing grade. It is better to turn homework in late than not at all.
- Lunch forms went home yesterday. They are due back on Friday. All orders must be prepaid.
- We will be going on a class trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City on November 21st. More to follow. We will be needing chaperones that are Virtus trained for this trip.
- Please return your United Nations Day forms.
Friday October 4, 2019
Reading Log must be completed Saturdays and Sundays
Spelling test Tuesday; chip, lunch, inch, chop, bunch, ranch, brunch, stretch, and pinch
Math Quiz Wednesday: Counting by 2’s, 5’s and 10’s. Number words one – ten.
Map Quiz Wednesday
Unit 1 ELA test Thursday
Half Day of School Friday October 11th.
Thursday October 3, 2019
Fall Finds worksheet
Page 12 in your Word Work Book
Read “The Patch it up Shop” in your reader
Reading log: Read your favorite book for at least 15 minutes. Be prepared to talk about your favorite book that you read this week. You may bring the book in if you would like to.
Wednesday October 2, 2019
Go Math page 79-80
Number word worksheet. Quiz on number words next week Wednesday
Back Pack pages: page 9
Read ” The Patch it up Shop” in your reader. You can use this reading on your reading log.
Study your spelling words, test next Tuesday: chip, lunch, inch, chop, bunch, ranch, branch, stretch, pinch.
Prayer to your Guardian Angel Worksheet. Say the prayer at home. Color the picture, cut it our and write your name on the front of it.
Tuesday October 1, 2019
Go Math practice test; page 61, 62, 63 and 64. Test tomorrow.
Read ” Ettabetta’s Radish Patch” in your reader.
- Page 73 in ” Be My Disciples ” book.
- Please cover the book in clear contact paper.
Monday September 30, 2019
Go Math page 73 and 74
Worksheet: write the English number word under the Spanish word.
A new math packet went home, it is due Oct 7th.
Back Pack Pages: pages 9 and 10
Read Works: Due October 7th. ” What is a Law”
Week of September 23, 2019
- Please do not send any kind of chips ( Doritos, Cheetos, Pringles, potato chips), cake, candy and cookies or juice drinks ( Capri Sun or Kool Aid) for a morning snack. Children are not allowed to eat these foods during snack time, they should be eating a healthy snack to give them energy and stay focused. See the suggestions of snack foods below. Our snack time is at 9:30 and about 10-15 minutes. Just enough time to have a quick bite, children should be eating breakfast before coming to school.
- Nuts or any kind of nut products are not allowed as there are several children in class that are allergic to nuts. We are a nut free school!
- There will not be a Virtus training here on Thursday as originally intended. You can go on The Diocese of Brooklyn website to see when the next class will be.
- Volunteers that are Virtus trained are still needed for recess and lunch periods. Please email me if you are available any days for recess, lunch, or both.
- If you have not already done so please go on line ( see website above) and purchase a subscription to “The Tablet”. When you purchase the subscription your child gets an IPad to use in school. Your support with this initiative is greatly appreciated.
- ELA test on the “Us” unit will be on Thursday. The word work book went home yesterday you may review this for the test. Keep the book at home.
- Spelling test on Friday see words below.
- Readworks assignment due September 30th. Quiz to follow.
- Weekly Math packets went home yesterday. The intention of this packet is to do one page per day. It is due on September 30th.
September 26, 2019
Go Math: pages 53 and 54
ELA: Write your spelling words 3 times each in your red dot notebook and study for your spelling test tomorrow: mop, cat, rug, flat, dig, nest.
Back Pack Pages: page 8
Reading a Map worksheet
September 25, 2019
Go Math page 53 and 54
Write your memory words 3 times each in your red dot notebook: I, my, she, her, he his.
Back Packs Page: page 6 and 7
September 24, 2019
- Study your spelling words below for a test on Friday. Review “Us” word work book.
- Back Pack page 6
- Our Memory words for Unit 1: I, my, she, her, he, his.
Go Math page 46
September 23, 2019
- Go Math pages 47-48
- Math packet; do one page per day. Due Monday September 27th. The packet went home in your folder.
- Back Pack pages 5 and 6
- Phonics test on Thursday, this will be a review of the ” Us” unit. The Word Work Book will go home to review. You may keep it at home.
- Spelling test on Friday the following is a list of the words: mop, big, cat, rug, tug, flat, dig, hop, nest, and best.
On Readworks read “Clouds and Rain”. See the website information above and the sign on directions. Do not change the password. We will be taking the quiz in school after the reading is due. Due Monday September 30th.
Week of September 15, 2019
- Dress down on Friday. $2.00. Please follow dress down guidelines. No torn jeans, novelty T Shirts or hoodies. Friday is Gym day so if you dress down please wear your sneakers.
- Ice Cream Sale tomorrow. $1.00.
- We need volunteers to help supervise recess and lunch duty. If you can and are Virtus trained a note will be going home for you to sign up.
- WE WANT IPADS! OLCA is so close to getting IPads for EACH student! But we need your support! We need you to sign up for a subscription of “The Tablet” which is the Diocesan Newspaper. The subscription is $28.00 for one year and your child gets an IPad to use in school. Use the website below and choose Our Lady’s Catholic Academy as your school. Please help us with this great initiative.
- Math Quiz on Thursday September 19th. See below.
- Please send two sharpened pencils and an eraser to school everyday. They should be inside a soft pencil case.
- Morning snack is a healthy snack. No cookies, cake, chips fruit snacks or juice drinks. Children should bring healthy snacks, some suggestions are: fruit, veggies, some cereal in a zip lock bag, yogurt, cheese and crackers, granola bars, apple sauce, water or pure juice. Morning snack does not replace breakfast, children should eat breakfast before they come to school.
- Please return all books to school, do not keep anything home.
September 19, 2019
Page 41 – 42 in your Go Math Book
Page 3 and 4 in your Back Pack Pages
Read ” At the Bus” in your Reader.
September 18, 2019
- Study for your math quiz tomorrow.
- Complete page 34 and in your new math book.
- Cover the book in clear contact paper.
- Page 2 in your Back Pack pages. Please cover the book in clear contact paper if you have not already done so.
- Write your memory words three times each in your red dot note book: you, to, said, of, like, no.
Please do not keep any books at home and come to school with 2 sharpened pencils and an eraser.
September 17, 2019
Page 1 in your Back Pack Pages
Math packet page 33 and 34.
Quiz on Thursday on pages 10 – 34 in your math packet.
Return the packets to school, do not keep at home.
September 16, 2019
Back Pack Pages, page 1. Please cover the Back Pack Pages in clear contact paper.
“Sporting Hats “phonics worksheet, In your Go Home Folder.
- Name each picture
- Write the missing vowel.
- Find each word in the puzzle
“Mighty Munchers” Worksheet in your Go Home Folder.
- Solve each addition sentence in the box
- Write it in apple with the matching sum
- Cross out each problem as you use it
- Color the worksheet
Week of September 9th
The Religion Book Book, Superkids Word Work Book and Back Pack Page went home today please cover them with clear contact paper and write you child’s name on the cover with a permanent magic marker.
Have a wonderful weekend.
- Homework ; please only complete the assigned pages. Do not move ahead.
- Do not keep any books at home. Your child cannot do their classwork without their books.
- Back to School Night is Thursday evening. September 12, 2019 at 6:25 pm.
- Gym is on Thursday this week only, please wear your gym uniform and sneakers.
- There is a Virtus training on Friday September 26, 2019. We will be going on many trips this year and will need chaperones. You must be Virtus trained to be able to be a chaperone. This is great opportunity please attend if you are able to.
- Scholastic Books orders went home today. When you order from Scholastic Book Club you help support the class with free books. You can order and pay on line be sure to use our class code PM3M3. If you choose to send in a check please do so by 9/27/19.
- Please return the Student Information Sheet sent home today in your child’s folder.
- A supply list went home on Friday. Please see a copy of it below. We need these supplies to help our classroom run smoothly, especially during cold and flu season. Thank you so much for your support.
- Children must come to school with 2 sharpened pencils everyday inside of a soft pencil case. No hard cases.
September 11, 2019
Page 24 in your math packet.
Read “Golly and the Vet”in your reader. Cover your reader in a book sock
Cover your religion book in CLEAR contact paper. Do not write in the book.
Page 23 in your math packet. Please return your packet to school do not keep it home.
Read “Flat Cat”in your reader. Make sure to return the reader to school.
Cover your reader with a book sock. No contact paper.
Monday September 9, 2019
page 18 in your math packet, in your Go Home folder. Please return it to school tomorrow.
Page 15 in your Superkids Word Work Book. Trace the letters at the top of the page then write the lower case letter that stands for the beginning or ending sound in the picture.
Be sure to return the book to school.
Welcome to First Grade.
We had an awesome day in First Grade today and I am so excited to have your child in my class this year.
- Thursday and Friday of this week will be full days of school. Drop off is in the classroom at 7:55 am and pick up is at 3:00 pm in the classroom.
- Please pack lunch and a snack. Snack time does not replace breakfast, children should eat breakfast before school. There is no school lunch or after school this week.
- Snack must be a healthy snack. No chips, cookies, candy, Capri Sun or juice drinks.
- Some ideas for a healthy snack include: Fruit, vegetables, cheese and crackers, yogurt, cereal ( no sugar) in a zip lock bag, water, pure fruit juice ( no juice drinks )
- A supply list will be going out next week.
- Several packets went home today that need to come back to school as soon as possible.
Friday September 6, 2019
Our Social Studies Book went home today. Please put a “book sock”on it and return to school on Monday.
Gym will be on Fridays. Please wear your gym uniform and sneakers.
A welcome letter went home today, attached is a copy of it.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Thursday September 5, 2019
In your red dot notebook write the following memory words three times each and use each one in a sentence: I, the, for, you, like,
- Please remember to pack lunch and a healthy snack. Snack should not be sugary snacks like candy, cookies, chips, or juice drinks. There is a list of suggestions above.
- Please return the information packets sent home yesterday as soon as possible.