High School Information 5.14.20
Students with one main round offer: Like previous years, students with one main round offer are defaulted to accept that offer in MySchools.
For these students to attend their offered school, there is nothing else they need to do.
Students who receive a waitlist offer: If a student receives a waitlist offer, the high school will be in touch with the family directly by calling and emailing them. The family will also receive an automated email from MySchools notifying them that they have a waitlist offer. The waitlist offer will appear in MySchools for the family and the school counselor. Families have one week to accept or decline a waitlist offer. Accepting a waitlist offer means the family is declining their previously accepted offer. Families can provide their response (accept or decline) by doing one of the following within one week of receiving the waitlist offer:
Logging into MySchools and going to the waitlist page.
- Telling the high school over the phone.
Tuesday and Thursday
7-1 9:00 am – 9:30 am
7-2 9:30 am – 10:00 am
8-1 10:15 am -10:45
8-2 10:45 -11:15
HIGH SCHOOL INFORMATION -Updated on 4.19.20
Accept or decline a Specialized High School offer. Like previous years, this is only relevant for students who received an offer from their application and an offer to a Specialized High School; students with one admissions offer are defaulted to accept that offer. DUE MAY 15th
· Families can get their high school offer letters online in MySchools (myschools.nyc), which includes results from the high school application and any Specialized HS admissions results, if applicable.
· Like previous years, offer letters include the results from the student’s high school application and the results from the Specialized High Schools admissions processes, if applicable (both the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test and LaGuardia High School auditions).
· Families who have an account in MySchools can easily re-set their password if they are having trouble logging in. They can re-set their password themselves on the login page: https://www.myschools.nyc/en/account/log-in/
· Families who do not have an account in MySchools can still create one. Instructions for supporting families in creating an account and adding their child in MySchools are available here in section 4: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12UJiWYlQifMP-gVk_LgV4mXqBhOAIVsUYRyZCKFJimM/edit?usp=sharing
· Family Welcome Centers are temporarily closed, but can be reached via email. Please see the our website for more information: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/enrollment/enrollment-help/family-welcome-centers
In order to support school staff and families, we now have:
· HSEnrollment@schools.nyc.gov: This email is for school staff and families who have questions about high school admissions. Please allow for 48 hours response time.
· Waitlists@schools.nyc.gov: This email is for school staff and families who have questions about waitlists or want to request to be added to waitlists. Please allow for 24 – 48 hours response time.
Thank you for your hard work supporting students and their families through high school admissions, and in their transition to remote learning!
The High School Admissions Team
Office of Student Enrollment
Important High School Information. 3.20.2020
Later today, the Office of Student Enrollment (OSE) will:
- Notify families by email that they can log into MySchools to view their child’s high school offer.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Ms. Benkert’s Office hours:
I will be available between the hours of 8 am and 12 pm, then 1 pm to 3 pm. Monday thru Friday.
*It is imperative that all Do Nows and assignments are completed in the time allotted. If you upload them late, it will be put into Optionc as late. I will be counting all of these assigned works for your 3rd trimester. Please continue to look at optionc.
**You should all be on your computers by 8 a.m., we have to keep our schedule as normal as possible.
***If I add (materials) to our classroom, these are extra resources, you might have to do work from them. I just want you all to have them.
****I will be using the Zoom website/app to hold classroom discussions. You will have directives in our classroom.
Schedule for Zoom:
Tuesdays and Thursdays – Starting 3/24
7-1 and 7-2 Science 9:00 – 10:00 This meeting might be with both classes or individual classes, I will post information in our classroom.
8-1 and 8-2 Science 10:15 -11:15 This meeting might be with both classes or individual classes, I will post information in our classroom.
Zoom Information – will be in our classrooms.
Thank you! Be safe!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
New York State Science Exam Tests
Graduation Information and Dates:
5.19 (Monday) Graduation Fee ($250) and June’s Tuition Due
6.17 Junior Prom -Venue: Villa Russo Time: 6:00 – 9:30 pm (Wednesday) *Students will be dismissed at 11 am
6.19 School Mass for the Class of 2020 at 9:45 am (Friday)
6.19 Commencement Exercise/Graduation at 3:00 pm (Friday).
***Senior Trip – T.B.D. *The graduation fee DOES NOT include the cost of the trip. *We will continue to have fundraisers to cut the cost down.
**** Video Yearbook – Information will be sent out next week.
Dear Parents of 7th Grade Students,
Some parents have been inquiring about the High School Application process. Attached is a link for you to use for perspective Public High Schools. If you have any questions, please feel free contacting us.