Welcome to our First Grade Class page!
Roselle Mauceri ? email@example.com
Monday, June 12, 2017
No written homework will be assigned this week. Please use the time to study for finals.
- Tuesday- science final
Thursday June 8, 2017
Study for your Religion final tomorrow?
Tuesday June 6, 2017
Half a day tomorrow if your child is going to after school please pack lunch for them.
- Math graph worksheet
- Study for Reading test on Thursday. You can review memory words from your Superkids student books.
- Study for Religion test on Friday use review sheet below.
- Reading Final Thursday, June 8th
- Religion Final Friday, June 9th
- Math Final Wednesday, June 14th
- Science Final Tuesday, June 13
- Social Studies Thursday, June 15th
- Math worksheet.
- Science plant worksheet.
- Study for Science test quiz on plant, frog and butterfly life cycle.
- Science review sheet was sent home on Friday. Start studying for the final test. Also use old review sheets.
- Social Studies review sheet is attached below. Use old review sheets as well.
- Reading test Thursday. Review Superkids unit 7 and 8.
Thursday, June 1, 2017
- Class trip on Friday. ?Students must wear sneakers. ?If you participated in the fund raiser your child can wear their own clothes. ?All other students can wear their gym uniforms.
- Math page P199-P200
- Science – go over life cycle review sheet and papers in the green dot notebook
- Science ws
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
???????? Final Schedule:
- Reading Final ? Thursday, June 8th
- Math Final ? Wednesday, June 14th
- Science Final ? Tuesday, June 13
- Religion Final ? Friday, June 9th Social Studies ? Thursday, June 15th
- Spelling words for the final- book, found, toy, their, put, light, far, give, play, write
- SB pg 15- use each word in a sentence. (red dot notebook)
- Science quiz Tuesday, June 6th on life cycles
- Math page 591-592
- Science ws
Home School Meeting – Thursday at 6:30PM at the Rockaway Blvd. campus
Tuesday, ?May 30, 2017
- SB pg 13
- SB pg 14 ? write each word 4 times
- Math pg 585-589
- ws- sea turtles
Classwork: Student book page 11. 12, 13
Math (cub book) 582-584
Reader – Read” The Lesson”
Thursday May 25, 2017
Math pages 579 and 580
Social studies worksheet
Wednesday, May?24, 2017
1. Read “Making Stars
2.. Student book page 3- review pattern words. Pick one word from each group and use in a sentence.
3.. Math page P173-174
4. SS ws
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- ?Religion 233
- Math P 159-160
- Prac ?pg 68 in red nb
- Read Slumber Party
Monday May 22, 2017
Spring Concert tonight, no homework.
Please make sure you are here by 5:45pm and wear dressy clothes. ?No jeans or sneakers / dress up!
May 18, 2017
- Math P184-185
- SS ws
- Monument ws due Tues.
- Math test Fri.
- SS test Fri.
Wednesday, May 17, ?2017
We ?have 2 butterflies!
- Student Book page 29
- Math page P185-P186 (test Fri.)
- SS ws on Capital
- Spelling test tomorrow
- SS text page 226 -answer in blue dot notebook ?(Test on Friday)
- Digit quest due tomorrow
May 16, 2017
- Digit quest due on Thursday. You need 3 pictures. (1 for the ones, 1 for the tens, 1 for the hundreds)
- Read The Lost Mitt
- Benjamin Franklin ws ? you can use your textbook (pgs. 206-207) or the internet for the facts
- Math ws ? telling time
- Math ? study for the time test on Fri.
- Student book page 26, 27
- Spelling test Thursday ?study
- Science ws ? life cycle of the butterfly
- Keep test folder and test papers at home
Monday, May 15, 2017
- Inect Changes- ws
- Spelling test on Thursday ?(kind, toy, join, boil, light, point, wash, right, find, buy)
- page 12 ? describe the plot for the beginning, middle, and end ( Use the story For the Birds
- Math pg 565-566
- Math quiz Friday on time ( hour and half hour)
- SS test Friday on unit 5
- All About Saint ws ? please complete this worksheet on Mary. Mary has many names.? Our school is named after the Blessed Mother.? Other names for Mary are Queen of All Saints, Our Lady of Fatima, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, etc. ?Due Friday
- SS page 208-209 Answer the 2 questions in your blue dot notebook
Thursday, May 11, 2017
1. Study for Religion test
Wednesday May 10th, 2107
- Read For the Birds
- Math page 559-560
- SS worksheet
- Religion 233
- Memory words – use in a sentence (red dot notebook)
- Trip to Metropolitan ?Museum tomorrow. Please wear your Gym uniform. We will be back for lunch.
- Religion test on Friday.
- Book report Due on Monday, it must be done on the book sent home in the Blue go Home Folder.? The book must be returned back to school.
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
1.Write: The second Sunday in May is Mother’s Day.? Tell about your mother or another special woman in your life.? In your “Red dot notebook”.? Write at least three sentences; an introduction, at least one detail and a conclusion.?
2. Math: page 553 and 554
3.Social Studies: Read page 190 and 191 in your book.? Answer question 1, 2 and 3 in your blue dot notebooks.
4. Religion pg 221
5 Write the ?memory words 4 times each (kind, buy, find, right, wash, light)
6. St. Joseph paper due Wed.
Monday, May 8, 2017
- ?Practice pg 57
- Math page 547-548
- Book report ?due on Monday, May 15th. Please use the book in the blue folder. ?Return the book.
- WS- Letter Writing
- ?Saints ws ? St. Joseph due on Wed. ?You can use your religion book or the internet. ?Religion book page 31-32. ?(St. Joseph the worker on May 1 or March 19 is the Feast day of St. Joseph) ?Draw or print a picture off the internet.
- Religion test on Friday- Holy Week and Easter pages 165-168 and 169-172)
- Scholastic Book orders due on Fri. ?*Great Chapter Books)
- Trip on Thursday
- Religion?Religion Review Sheet Unit 5
Thursday, May 4, 2017
- Math 497-498
- SS ws
- Math test Fri.
- SS ws use complete sentences
- Fri. Half Day of School
Wednesday, May 3, 2017
Science worksheet – complete sentences * Test Tomorrow*
- Math 486-487 ?Test on Friday
- Read It Is Hot
- Thank you letter
- Look in blue folder for reminder sheet
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
- Student Book pg 9
- Practice page 54-55
- Math page 483-484
- Spelling test Wed. (corn, bird, turn, far, does, again, cold, both, laugh, know)
- Write ?each word in a sentence (bird, corn, turn, far)
- Sci. worksheet
- Trip money
- Half ?Day on Friday
Monday, May 1, 2017
- Read Fire
- Practice 50
- Math page 465-466
- Math page 436B ?(Use complete sentences and use the math words)
- Spelling test on Wed.
- Math test April 28, 2017
- Spelling words (does, corn, again, bird, cold, turn,both, laugh, far, know)
- Math test on Chapter 8 *Add and ?Subtract with 20 ?*Add and Subtract using a 2-digit number ( 40 + 40 =80, 72 – 20 = 52) * making a ten to add ?* Using place value to add
- Science – review the packet in the home folder (Please keep in the home folder) ?and the green dot notebook
April 27th, 21017
- Read: Rex King Visits
- Words to Know Worksheet
- ?Social Studies: ws?Goods and services worksheet
- Write the memory words in a sentence.
Our class will be going to the Metropolitan Museum of Art on 5th Ave in New York City on May 11th. We will be attending a Docent lead tour called Art across Cultures. The cost is $5.00 per child.?
Please return permission slips by Thursday May 4th.?
We are asking for Virtus trained ?Volunteers to Chaperone. ?
We will be having a Cinco de Mayo celebration in class on Friday.? Any donation you wish to make will be greatly appreciated.
Math test next week on chapter 8
Science test next week on matter
Spelling test next week?
April 26, 2017